The Greater Lansing Homeless Resolution Network is a group of over 25 agencies devoted to ending homelessness in the Lansing area. If your agency is interested in joining the GLHRN, please complete this form. If you would like to contribute toward ending homelessness in Ingham County, please consider donating to GLHRN.
GLHRN is the Continuum of Care for Ingham County. This is a HUD designation, meaning that we are where local agencies come together to collaborate and coordinate information, services, and resources.
Announcing the MSHDA ESG Grant opportunity in Ingham County for the Housing Assistance and Resource Agency (HARA). This is the agency administrating the initial point of contact coordinating the admission of eligible program participants in Ingham County. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administering all financial assistance dollars for prevention and rehousing (budget below);
- Practicing shelter diversion; • Embracing rapid re-housing; (Note: people with zero income cannot be denied rapid re-housing);
- Employing staff to function as a Housing Resource Specialist (see Definitions)
- Employing a staff person to oversee the Housing Choice Voucher Homeless Preference waiting list.
- Employing a staff person that is knowledgeable of MSHDA developments within the CoC and the availability of Project Based Vouchers within the development and have quarterly contact with the management company at the development regarding the availability of the units;
- Practicing strength-based case management (see Definitions);
- Working with the CoC Body to ensure quality service delivery;
- Entering client information on HMIS;
- Use of the Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (SPDAT);
- Routinely review and correct HMIS data quality issues and monitor outcome performance;
- Providing services and/or make referrals to other service agencies as needed;
- Submitting quarterly Progress Reports that address specific performance outcomes supported by HMIS data to the Grant Fiduciary as outlined in their contract;
- Enters homeless people on the MSHDA Housing Choice Voucher waiting list with a homeless preference and re-verifying homeless status every 120 days.
- Assists developers to ensure that case management services are available to new units made available through the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Program, and if applicable, refer applicants to the Project-Based Voucher waiting list.
- Establishing office hours in the counties that are served.
- Communicating with the CoC Board and fiduciary, attending meeting regularly, submitting timely Financial Status Reports, keeping the updated By-Name List for the CoC.
- Participating in the Homeless Veterans meetings.
For more information see:
The budget for the 2018-2019 year is $139,248 for (RRH) and $114,755 for (Prevention).
IF YOUR AGENCY IS INTERESTED IN SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR THE MSHDA ESG HARA, PLEASE SEND A LETTER OF INTENT TO APPLY VIA EMAIL TO THE GLHRN Coordinator AT email@example.com BY NOON ON TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 4,2018.
If there are questions regarding the process or responsibilities please email Katrina.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517 483-4082.